Level (click link to browse related records)Collection
DescriptionThe club was located at 14 Baxter Gate, Loughborough and was officially opened on 26 November 1937. An article in the Leicester Mercury dated 26 November 1997 marked the centenary of the club's incorporation which took place on 1 December 1997. The article commented that it was one of the oldest surviving limited companies in the country. It was formed by seven well known local men to create a building to house the Loughborough Conservative club. The original club had been in existence in a small way in Baxtergate since about 1886. The new company's scheme was to incorporate that site into the more imposing building that occupies 13-14 Baxtergate today and to which an extended frontage was added in 1937. The original directors were R Lucas Tooth, E H Warner, William Ambrose Cartwright, Walter Chapman Burder, Thomas Mayo, Frederick Beck and William Webster.

The collection was given as a donation in December 2005.
Access StatusOpen
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020